Every person wakes up with the intentions of making their hair look flawless. Most days it’s easy to get beautiful, voluminous hair. But today – it just isn’t that day for your hair. If you’re having a hair emergency, here are some quick, easy tips to help restore your hair before you walk out the door.
1. Quick Frizzy-Hair Treatments
Suffering from frizzy hair today? Carbonated coconut water is a staple “must have” to help combat frizzy hair. The carbonation inside of the water helps the hair follicles straighten from the roots, working its way down. This will easily help with managing any signs of your frizzy hair.
What You Need
- 1 ½ cups sparkling water; and
- 1 ½ cups coconut water.
- Mix together your ingredients to create balanced pH for your hair. You want to ensure that you have an optimal pH balance between 4-5 to help with relaxing the hair. If you have pH test strips, test to see and if the pH is too high, add a little more sparkling water.
- Deep condition your hair, getting your fingers or comb deep into the root follicles, working your way down. Do this for five minutes before rinsing.
- Rinse your hair off using some cool water, dry and then, style it as needed.
It’s that simple!
2. Need Some Volume for Your Mane?
Coconut oil benefits are largely known for helping with beautiful hair and skin. But what you may not know is that applying this to your hair can give you instant volume and help repair your hair.
What You Need
- Coconut oil; and
- Leave the coconut oil in a warm spot so that it goes into a liquid state.
- Apply the coconut oil to your hair, giving it a deep massage.
- Put a shower cap over your head and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse out your hair and style as needed.
Coconut oil shows great short term effects, but even better long-term effects. Keep applying this oil to your hair to help with getting thicker hair.
3. Repairing Damaged Hair Quickly
Damaged hair can be difficult to maintain. If you have noticed your hair looking excessively dry, use a ripe avocado with an egg and you’ve got yourself an instant moisturizer.
What You’ll Need:
- Ripe avocado; and
- 1 egg.
- Mix together the avocado and egg until you have a smooth consistency that’s almost lump-free.
- Apply the mask to your hair, ensuring you scrub deep down to get the hair at the root.
- Place a shower cap over your head and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse out with cool water. Repeat once a week to keep your hair looking healthy.
Avocado is filled with rich vitamins and nutrients, while eggs are filled with proteins great for your hair. Together these two products combine to rejuvenate your hair.
4. Oily Hair Treatments
Is your hair feeling excessively oily today, and no matter how many times you wash it – it just doesn’t seem to stay clean? Apple cider vinegar is the perfect product for you to get rid of that oily hair quickly.
What You’ll Need
- 3 tbs. apple cider vinegar; and
- 1 cup water.
- Mix together the apple cider vinegar and water thoroughly.
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly.
- Use the apple cider vinegar mix as a rinse (conditioner) to your hair.
- Leave the rinse on for several minutes.
- Rinse and repeat twice a week.
Apple cider vinegar can naturally balance the pH in your hair, removing the excessive oil in your hair with just one rinse.
5. Lice Problems?
Don’t be embarrassed if you have head lice. This is a common problem because it’s so easily transferred from person-to-person. You can help lessen the effects of lice only by adding a list of ingredients to your hair including olive oil, coconut oil, essential oils, nit comb, garlic, shampoo, white vinegar, Neem oil, and baby oil.
The best remedy for lice problems is to call a professional lice removal service as I did in the Los Angeles area. This is the only reassured way to fully rid your hair of lice.
Follow These Tips for Quick Fixes
If you woke up with bad hair today, don’t worry. This list covers most of the common problems men and women face with their hair. Use these tips to get the maximum benefits.